Sustainable Environmental Services
Businesses today are looking for innovative, cost-saving ways to reduce their impact on the environment and demonstrate sustainable operations to communities, shareholders and regulators. Sustainability is an integral part of ARCADIS' operations and through our business lines it is integrated into the services we provide to clients.
We have found that sustainable business practices can have significant environmental and financial impacts, decreasing raw material usage, eliminating redundant operations, reducing off-spec product generation and improving yields.
ARCADIS provides clients with a multidisciplinary team of engineers,
geologists and scientists to identify and implement ecological, economic
and social practices that promote true sustainability.
Sustainability from prevention to benchmarking
Sustainability means looking at the entire scope of a company's activities. As a large engineering and design firm, ARCADIS is positioned to offer clients comprehensive sustainability services, including:
- Energy cost reduction, energy supply analysis and sustainable energy program development
- Carbon footprint analysis and industrial process engineering
- Environmental enterprise resource planning
- Software for determining the sustainability of a remedial program or a series of remedial options
- Multimodal mass transit options to solve transportation needs
- Wind energy, thermal and photovoltaic solar, hydroelectric, geothermal, biomass and biofuels consulting
- Supply chain and life cycle analysis
- Evaluation, classification and training services to help businesses source, manufacture and market products
- Groundwater and surface water supply services including conservation planning and TMDL analysis
- Building sustainability consulting, including LEED expertise
With sustainable and green business practices gaining more prominence, businesses that embrace sustainability will realize positive public relations, smoother regulatory compliance, and leaner, more efficient operations.
Proprietary tools & techniques that embrace sustainable practices
Sustainability by Design®
is a proprietary ARCADIS program that embraces sustainable practices for building design, construction, finance and operations. By considering all of the technical and business process factors that influence sustainable operations, ARCADIS can help improve financial performance and long-term viability while responsibly addressing the global environmental impact of operations.
ARCADIS is also positioned to help manage worker and public safety, alternative transportation and other socially responsible investments.